Tiff Williams (Brighton)
Tiffany Williams is Chair of KMAC and Partner of Kicks Martial Arts Centres.
- Deputy Safeguarding Officer
- First started training in Kickboxing at Kicks in 1993 under the instruction of World Champion Nick Clark. Continued training and competing under Chief Instructor Chris Kent and World Champion Jim Caldecourt.
- Fifth Degree Black Belt (March 2017 ) . (1st Degree Black Belt in March 1997. Second Degree October 2000. 3rd Degree June 2004. 4th Degree Sept 2009)
- First introduced to Karate in Central America in 1994 and re-started at Kicks under Sensai Paul Hollis in 1997. Attained First Dan Black Belt in 2003. Attained Second Dan in 2006. Attained Third Dan in July 2021
- Has been fortunate enough to study kickboxing and karate with other clubs in America, Australia, Guatemala, Italy and Spain.
- Since 1997 has been fortunate to study Thai – Boxing at various locations in Thailand. Special Mentions and thanks to Jitti’s gym (when off Khao Saan Road) Jungle Gym in Koh Phanghan; Anthony’s Gym in Koh Lanta; Fairtex Gym in Pattaya; Rawai Muay Thai; Tiger Muay Thai; and Sinbi Muay Thai in Phuket.
- Featured in Health and Fitness Magazine in 1997 & 1998
- Fought from 1998 – 2008 and won English, British, European and World Amateur Titles. Ranked Number 1 in Britain 2005 – 2008 WKU British Professional and Golden Belt European Professional Champion
- 2000: Went over to Florida to be part of a American based Fitness Kickboxing Video “Funkicks” founded by Rodrigo Navarrete, Kickboxing Champion and Aerobics Instructor, and endorsed by IFKA.
- 2002 /03 WKMA British Title Fight at York Hall Bethnal Green was aired on Eurosport as part of a series of filmed kickboxing events.
- 2004 Interviewed on BBC South Today
- 2005 Interviewed on BBC South Today
- 2007 Featured and Fought in Heavy Weight Beatz Brighton Video.
- 2008 Article and interview in Fighters Magazine
- 2013: Article & Interview in Sussex Active
- 2013: Follow Up Article in Sussex Active
- Qualified Boxercise Instructor 1999
- Certificate in Sports Nutrition 1999
- Brighton University Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling 1997
- YMCA Fitness Industry Training Certificate in Gym Training 2001
- Sports Coach UK Core Stability Course 2004
- Newcastle University Certificate in Life Coaching 2004
- ISKA Judge and Referee
- Sports Coach UK Good Practice and Child Protection March 2006
- Absolute First Aid Appointed Persons First Aid Certified 2022
- UK Coaching Certificate in Safeguarding & Protecting Children 2019 / UPDATED MAY 2022
Started under instruction of Nick Clark in 1996. Attended Instructor Courses with Chris Kent, and assessor Terry Robbins. Has taught for many years at Brighton Kicks as well as her own outside clubs. Has a wide range of teaching experience in schools; youth groups; local community projects; and drug and alcohol projects. Specialises in teaching women and teaching on individual basis. Is part of the KMAC Kickboxing Grading Panel.
Prior to working as an instructor worked with both children and adults in the voluntary and statutory sector.
Specialised in working with young female homeless, and then moved onto raise awareness around Domestic Violence through training; publicity and developing of services. Worked as a freelance consultant on Social Care Issues until coming in as a partner of Brighton Kicks in 2005.
In 2018 with funding from Sussex Police Commissioner Safe Space Sussex Funding and in partnership with Micky Richards from CGL Tiffany set up “Kick into Positive Action”. This trauma informed Kickboxing Programme was for self-identified women who’d been subject to either domestic or sexual violence or abuse. Tiffany worked with a team of her Female Instructors as well as Volunteers to provide a safe and supportive space for women to regain confidence and awareness of themselves and their bodies. She ran three successful “K.I.P.A.” Programmes until funding came to an end in 2020.
In 2022 Tiffany continued her trauma informed Kickboxing Programme with The Lighthouse which is a specialist service for those over 18 who have a diagnosis of Personality Disorder. The 6-week Programme (2022) received very positive feedback, and further funding has now been found for a 4 Week Programme in the Autumn of 2023.
GOLDEN BELT PRO EUROPEAN FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION (unanimous)
WKU BRITISH PRO/AM BANTAM WEIGHT CHAMPION (DEFENCE – unanimous)
BIKMA EUROPEAN AMATEUR FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION(DEFENCE- unanimous)
BIKMA BRITISH LIGHT WEIGHT SEMI CONTACT TITLE (DEFENCE – unaninmous)
WKU BRITISH PRO/AM BANTAM WEIGHT CHAMPION (unanimous)
BIKMA WORLD AMATEUR FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION (2nd Round tko)
GLOBAL ENGLISH BANTAM WEIGHT CHAMPION (4th Round tko)
BIKMA EUROPEAN AMATEUR FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION (unanimous)
WKMA BRITISH AMATEUR FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION (unanimous)
WKA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS – SILVER MEDALLIST
IKF EUROPEAN AMATEUR STRAWEIGHT CHAMPION( 1st Round ko)
BIKMA BRITISH LIGHT WEIGHT SEMI-CONTACT CHAMPION (unanimous)
BIKMA ENGLISH AMATEUR FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION (unanimous)