Welcome to Kicks
Chris Kent has been teaching in Brighton since 1975. He became known in Sussex for quality instruction in both Wado Ryu Style Karate and Full Contact Kickboxing.
As with most martial arts clubs, teaching for Chris started in a range of church halls and leisure centres. As the groups of children and adults being taught expanded, it became necessary to open a full time dojo. In 1982 the Lewes Road dojo was opened and has continued there ever since.
Chris is still teaching Karate and Kickboxing at the Lewes Road Dojo. He heads up a team of qualified instructors who run clubs in Sussex, London, and France.
All instructors within KICKS are fully qualified, black belt 1st Dan/Degree and above.
Kicks is a member of the English Karate Federation. The only body recognised by the World Karate Federation and the British Karate Federation .
Karate instructors are qualified coaches, enhanced CRB checked, insured, first aid qualified and Child Protection aware.
Kickboxing instructors are ISKA registered, enchanced CRB checked, insured, first aid qualified and Child Protection aware.
You can be sure that the tuition you receive comes from many years of experience, quality of instruction is our first priority.
- Nam Yang Warriors Interclub 14/05/22 and Lumpini Crawley Interclub 15/05/22 June 10, 2022
- WKO European Open Championships 30/04/22 May 7, 2022
- ISKA National Championships 13/03/22 March 20, 2022
- WKO English Open Championships 20/02/22 February 28, 2022
- Crawley Lumpini Inter Club 6/2/22 February 19, 2022